Monday 6 January 2020

Try something new: It's such fun!


Hello dear friend,
Thank you so much for dropping in. Wishing you a very Happy New Year! How is your year going so far? Have you made a list of New Year's Resolutions? I have a list of my own. One of them is to try new things.

With reference to that I want to tell you that I went along to an arts & crafts workshop run by my dear friend Erica Evans. (Follow this link to see her website: https://www.simplycraft.com/) These are run each month at St Teilo's church hall in Whitchurch, Cardiff.

I absolutely loved the day! I learnt so much. And met lots of lovely people too.

That day Erica demonstrated how to create greetings cards using a stamping method and applying watercolour. She also introduced us to a way of experimenting with art by using a journal which we could refer back to, or add to, as inspiration guided us.

Using her methods and with lots of guidance and encouragement, I began a journal - see a picture of my humble efforts above. I created this picture through layering of paints and stencils. Those of you who know me know that I already love to dabble in paint. But. I had never used this method before. It was such great fun that I almost floated home on a cloud of enthusiasm!

So, if you are hankering after a new hobby or activity I'd say: Go for it! It really is true that you don't know what you can do until you try.

Let me know how you get on.

All the best
Teresa x 
PS For further inspiration check out my website:  http://www.teresaodriscoll.co.uk 
And don't forget to check out my book: 9 Days to Heaven, How to make everlasting meaning of your life - which is a practical guide to joyful living!   You can see the book trailer by clicking on this link:  http://youtu.be/154luv8KMns





  

No comments:

Post a Comment